By: Teachnology’s Math Worksheets Center Staff
Objective: Students will review multiplication skills and math facts. This lesson leads students towards mastery of multiplication facts.
Grade Level: Upper Elementary
National Math Standards This Lesson Addresses:
Grade Level 3-5 Numbers and Operations:
• Students will understand the effects of multiplying numbers.
• Students will develop a fluency in multiplication.
• Blackboard/White Board
• Large Index Cards or Multiplication Facts Cards (Download now)
• Multiplication Flashcard Answers (Download now)
• Markers or Colored Chalk (Green and Light Brown).
• Masking Tape
• Stopwatch or timer
1. If you do not have pre-printed multiplication facts cards, just make your own problems. This can be adapted to any level by just making appropriate skill level problems for you students. You should have a wide variety of problems on the cards that come in 4 difficulty levels. Download sample cards.
Level 1 = simple Level 2 = challenging
Level 3 = difficult Level 4 = Higher level problems
2. Create a baseball diamond on your chalk/white board. This can be achieved by drawing just a few simple shapes:
• A large diamond (green)
• Within that diamond draw a diamond a quarter of the size of the first diamond. Draw white circles on all four points of this diamond (smaller).
• Make a base path (dirt) just outside of that smaller diamond in brown.
• On the next page you will see an example.
Preview printable lesson. Save PDF, zoom in or out by moving mouse over preview window.
Preview flashcards. Save PDF, zoom in or out by moving mouse over preview window or download flashcards and answers using the links provided in the materials section of the lesson.